I am a business scientist and lawyer (New York State) specialized in market regulation, focusing on finance markets.
My habitat is between Word and the command line. I use algorithms for large scale text and market data processing to investigate a wide range of legal, economic and technological aspects of regulation.
- Experience: regulatory counsel, debt finance lawyer, business analyst at various consumer-oriented companies
- Training: Law and Economics (University of Chicago), Finance
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, Spanish, German, Italian
- Areas of interest: pricing, finance markets, consumer law
- E-mail: m [at] melvintjonakon [dot] com